Friday, August 26, 2011

Mommy Time Craft

    Noah's afternoon nap is the time of the day that I relish. It is "mommy time". It is where I can sit down and do something that takes a little time and focus, such as write a blog. Well, I have not written in the blog for almost a week, and Noah has napped, so what did I do with my time?

  First, I have been brushing up on my Sparky verses!  Last weekend at the Awana training, our commander Kathy, asked me to be the Sparks director. After praying about it and talking to Anthony, I said yes. Needless to say some of my "mommy time" went in preparation for Awanas. I want this to be a wonderfully successful year for Sparks and previous experience tells me that things go alot more smoothly if you are well prepared.

    Secondly, I have been working on a craft project. Jillian told me about a simple toy you can make for your toddler. It involved placing a button on an end of a ribbon and making felt shapes for them to thread through. I loved the idea but wanted to go a step further. I wanted animals. So, I made six different animals with holes for the button "nose" to thread through. I placed a large black button on each end of my ribbon, so Noah could use either end. I made the faces out of scraps of felt. I glued the felt pieces together with craft glue and then used heatbond to apply a backing of felt to add more stability to the ears and tails. I think they turned out really cute and hope Noah likes them as well! And no that is not Mr. Sun, it is my lion, he looks better with his nose but the his glue was stil wet.

No comments:

Post a Comment