Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Actually Trying Something I "Pinned"

Today I tried something new with Noah. We made play-doh, and not just any ordinary kind of play-doh. We made purple play-doh that smells like a grape "scratch and sniff" sticker. It was the second time I actually tried an idea that I "pinned" on Pinterest, and it was as easy as the author said it would be. Just be careful you do not get distracted and scorch or burn it. My purple dough almost burnt and the scorched smell was less than desireable. I was really pleased with the results, espcially because it made more dough than I anticipated.

So after Noah's nap I cleared the kitchen table and prepared to introduce my toddler to the wonderful world of squishiness. The only problem is I did not realize that Noah does not like things to squish between his fingers. So, I got to create balls and "snakes" with play-doh that reminded me of grape bubblicious gum, while Noah comminated. Perhaps I will make another color tomorrow in order to entice him to join me...maybe blue rasberry?


If you are wondering how to make scented, colored play-doh, here is the link: http://www.playdoughrecipe.org/playdough-recipes/jello-playdough-recipe/

No comments:

Post a Comment